Regarding the freight forwarding of goods to the Islands of the South Atlantic there are several important points to take into consideration.
Please ensure that all orders delivered to our warehouse for shipment are clearly labelled for the final destination. If items are for airfreight or have special instructions then this must be clearly marked on the delivery label. If you are ordering on behalf of someone else or need the order to go to another island, please ensure that their name / island is on the delivery label and not yours (make sure that you email your billing instructions to the member of staff that deals with your invoices). Orders arriving into us which are just marked for Richard James Int cannot be processed.
Below is the required delivery address for processing at RJI. Either SH,FK,ASC,TDC for the destination in brackets next to your name. AIR will also need to be placed next to your name if required by airfreight.
Your name (SH-AIR)
C/O Richard James International Limited
Chittening Industrial Estate
- Freight forwarded goods are not checked in terms of quantities and description against any supplier’s paperwork, however, we do check that number of cartons or pallets received is correct. It is the responsibility of the consignee to take up any shortages within the consignment with their supplier.
- All consignments must be clearly labelled with details of the consignee (your first name, surname and letter identification of the destination, i.e. ASC, FK, SH or TDC) and the supplier. In addition a full packing list or commercial invoice must be attached to the goods, this is for Customs Declaration purposes. Failure to do so may result in the delivery not being accepted and the onward shipment being delayed while the client is identified. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the goods are adequately packed for shipment. If possible a copy of the order confirmation should be e-mailed to us at [email protected] to assist in recognising the delivery.
- Pre-notification from you of a delivery for freight forwarding does not mean that the goods will be checked or your supplier contacted regarding non-delivery. It is the consignor’s (the sender’s) responsibility to ensure that their goods are received at the warehouse, Richard James International are unfortunately not in a position to be able to chase suppliers for goods which are due to arrive. Please note that Proof of Dispatch or an Order Confirmation should not be taken as Proof of Delivery to us.
- Insurance Please note that goods received by RJI for freight forwarding are not insured. It is the consignor’s (the sender’s) responsibility to ensure that adequate insurance cover is obtained; RJI would be pleased to quote for such cover if required. For more information see Insurance.
- Hazardous Goods It must be brought to our attention if any consignment or part of a consignment shipped through RJI might be considered dangerous or hazardous, failure to do so could lead to prosecution. For more information see Hazardous Cargo.
- To arrange collection please visit our Collection Service Page or if you require further information regarding our service please phone +44 (0) 117 9828575 or send an e-mail to [email protected]hard-james.co.uk.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that goods received are shipped on the next scheduled voyage, this cannot always be guaranteed, due to operational decisions made by the shipping lines.
- RJI is a member of the British International Freight Association (BIFA), all business is transacted under the BIFA Standard Trading Conditions 2021 Edition which is available upon request.
- Consignment Sizes. When sending in consignments for consolidation into our 20ft containers, it should be noted that the maximum length that can be accommodated is 5.8m, the maximum width 2.3m and the maximum height 2.2m. Cargo in excess of these dimensions can be shipped, but should be brought to the attention of the Shipping & Freight Department (Telephone +44 (0)117 9828575 or e-mail [email protected] ) prior to delivery to the warehouse.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can reach out to us by phone or email or you can fill in the form and send us your enquiries.